**CCDE Written Exam Topics:**
1. Layer 2 Control Plane
2. Layer 3 Control Plane
3. Network Virtualization
4. Design Considerations for Network Services
5. WAN Technologies and Protocols
6. Enterprise Network Design
7. Service Provider Network Design
8. Data Center Network Design
9. Security Technologies and Design
10. Network Design for Voice and Video
**CCDE Practical Exam Topics:**
The practical exam consists of scenarios where candidates must demonstrate their ability to design complex networks. The topics can include a combination of the following:
1. Designing Layer 2 and Layer 3 Technologies
2. Network Virtualization Design
3. IPv6 Integration and Migration
4. Converged Networks Design (voice, video, data)
5. Wide Area Network (WAN) Design
6. Data Center Network Design
7. Security Design for Network Infrastructure
8. Network Services Design (QoS, multicast, etc.)
9. Network Management Design and Troubleshooting
Candidates should study a wide range of design-related topics, such as:
1. Network Design Principles: Understand the principles of hierarchical network design, modular design, redundancy, scalability, and high availability.
2. Network Technologies: Familiarize yourself with various networking technologies, including routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), switching technologies, MPLS, VPNs, QoS, multicast, security protocols, etc.
3. Network Services: Know how to design network services like DNS, DHCP, NTP, AAA, etc., and integrate them into the overall network design.
4. Converged Networks: Understand the design considerations for integrating voice, video, and data into a single converged network.
5. Network Virtualization: Learn about virtualization technologies, such as Virtual LANs (VLANs), Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
6. Data Center Network Design: Study best practices for designing data center networks, including technologies like data center interconnects, storage networks, and data center security.
7. WAN Design: Know about WAN technologies, MPLS, Internet connectivity, site-to-site connectivity, and remote access.
8. Network Security Design: Familiarize yourself with network security principles and best practices, including firewall placement, access control, intrusion prevention, and encryption.
9. Network Management: Understand how to design effective network management and monitoring solutions.
10. IPv6 Integration and Migration: Learn about the design considerations and best practices for integrating IPv6 into existing networks and migrating from IPv4 to IPv6.
11. Quality of Service (QoS): Study how to design and implement QoS mechanisms to prioritize and control network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and latency.
12. Multicast Design: Understand the principles of multicast routing and how to design efficient multicast solutions for applications like video streaming or real-time data distribution.
13. High Availability and Redundancy: Know how to design networks with high availability and redundancy to minimize downtime and ensure continuous operation.
14. Network Troubleshooting: Practice troubleshooting network issues and identifying the root cause of problems in complex network environments.
15. Network Protocols and Standards: Familiarize yourself with various networking protocols and standards that are essential for designing interoperable and standardized networks.
16. Network Documentation: Learn how to create detailed and accurate network documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, and design rationales.
17. Network Design Best Practices: Study industry best practices for network design, including design methodologies, risk assessment, and network lifecycle management.
18. Network Migration and Upgrades: Understand the challenges and considerations involved in network migration and technology upgrades, ensuring smooth transitions without disrupting services.
19. Network Performance Optimization: Learn techniques for optimizing network performance, including traffic engineering, load balancing, and performance monitoring.
20. Network Resilience and Security: Study strategies for designing resilient and secure networks to defend against cyber threats and ensure data protection.